New employee orientation—also known as onboarding—is the process by which you introduce a new employee to your staff and management, as well as to the workplace environment.
Your goal is to familiarize your new employee with the company and create a positive first impression. Employee orientation can also be used for employees who are promoted within your company and need a similar type of program.
An Effective Onboarding Program:
• Familiarizes the new employee with the company
• Creates a positive first impression
• Increases staff retention and productivity
• Opens dialogue for questions
• Reinforces company qualities you conveyed in the interview
Absence of an Effective Program Can Result In:
• Poor performance
• Lost business
• Dissatisfied employees
To learn more about all aspects of human resources, benefits, and employee management, visit us online at HR360.com.