The federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is designed to help employees balance their work and family responsibilities by allowing them to take reasonable unpaid leave for certain family and medical reasons. Unfortunately, employee abuse of FMLA leave has become a growing concern.
How can you protect your company against FMLA abuse? The best place to start is with HR360's latest eBook, 8 Strategies for Preventing FMLA Abuse, available free of charge and ready to download below.
In this eBook, you'll get practical guidance on how to avoid FMLA abuse, including key information related to:
- FMLA training for managers and supervisors
- Choosing the 12-month period for calculating FMLA leave entitlement
- The use of medical certifications to support the need for leave
- Employee attendance policies
- Intermittent leave and reduced schedules
Everyone in a company is impacted if FMLA leave is abused--from the employer who suffers financial losses, to the employees who work overtime or miss vacation to compensate for workers who took extra time off. With HR360's 8 Strategies for Preventing FMLA Abuse, your company can take vitally important first steps necessary to preventing this serious problem. Download your free eBook today!